What are CUTA's primary responsibilities?
- Negotiate and enforce the contract
- Provide the best education we can for the district's students
- Represent the membership in all matters related to their professional work
- Answer job-related questions and assist in any job-related matter
- Promote the growth of--and respect for--our profession
- Work with the community to ensure our schools are the best they can be
- Promote the strengthening of public education
- Work to ensure adequate funding to support improvements in public education
- Work through CTA to elect pro-public education, pro-union candidates
Union Membership: How do I join?
Although your benefits and rights begin generally when you do, you are not officially a union member until you sign a membership application card. Signing the card and giving it to your Site Representative ensures membership, the right to vote in elections, and membership with our affiliates.