Good Teaching South Conference
March 20-22, 2015
Message From CUTA (17 December 2015):
We are pleased to announce that the Carlsbad Unified Teachers Association has worked with CUSD to arrange for over 50 teachers to attend the Good Teaching South Conference held in San Diego, March 20-22, 2015.
This innovative conference is being organized by CTA and will offer over 80 different workshops designed to help teachers both in and out of the classroom. Here is a small sample of the different workshops CTA will offer:
- Common Core Comprehension Strategies
- Discover the World of Member Benefits
- Drawing Out the Best in Common Core
- Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lecture
- Get Up, Get Moving, Get Learning
- More Month than Money: Setting and Living within a Budget
- POSITIVELY Embed Student Writing into Mathematics
- Quantitative Problem Solving
- Simple Solutions #1-5 presented by Rick Morris
- Special Needs Student Support and Common Core
- Technology, Tools and Apps for the Common Core Classroom
- Write On! Using Music for Narrative Prompts in Writing
Friday night there is an optional Welcome Reception and dinner along with exhibits and registration opportunities. The conference begins Saturday morning with registration starting at 8am and general sessions beginning at 9:15.
Reimbursements will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
Directions for online registration can be found here.
- Under Billing on the CTA registration website, select “District,” and under the Payment dropdown, choose “Check.” (The District will issue a check to CTA for the member registration fees.
- CUSD will cover the $185 cost of registration as well as mileage (from your school site) to the conference. There will be limited parking available, so please consider carpooling.
- For more information on this exciting conference, please review the CTA Winter Conference Brochure. Click here.
If you have any questions about the conference or CTA, please email Amanda Fanning, President of the Carlsbad Unified Teachers Association.